Monday, February 28, 2011

Where did all my money go? Oh food I loathe you.

untitled2

That image just told you how much I spent in the past two months on food alone. $851 on food. It sucks working in a grocery store and getting a discount. I look in my cabinets at home and they are pretty stocked but I just don't make any food. I spend 13 hours a day doing work related things (bus, walking, 9 hours of work, etc.) and I come home and I'm just exhasted and I end up falling asleep on my couch and then wake up two hours later and then hop into bed and go to sleep until I have to get up for work the next day.

I have to be strategic about what I make to eat, especially when I take it to work because I have a 2 hour ride to work and I can't have anything spoil. I've found a lot of different things that wouldn't spoil. Rice, canned goods, and the like most likely wouldn't spoil by the time I get to work, but I am just lazy. It needs to stop because it is quite literally eating away at my budget and my money.

Since I am in such a rot when it comes to food I am going cut my food budget by $50 so I can get back on track. I am 2 months behind on my budget for food, so I am cutting my budget to $150 a month to get back on track. It'll take me 9 months to get back on where I am supposed to be. In March I am going to try to eat my way through my cabinets. I look at them and they are pretty stacked. I think that I could go into April without spending any money on food and, still not completely eat my way through all the food in my cabinets. Cross your fingers boys and girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment